We love these fun and easy cookies that feature our Organic Dark Chocolate Eggs! Simple shortbread cookies with toasted, shredded coconut make perfect nests for each egg. Add these to your Easter baskets, sell them at your spring bake sale or serve after Easter Sunday brunch!
1 ⅓ cup shredded, sweetened coconut
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
¾ teaspoon salt
2 boxes Equal Exchange Dark Chocolate Eggs (36 eggs)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 F.
2. Spread the shredded coconut evenly on an ungreased cookie sheet, then toast for about 25 minutes while stirring occasionally, until it turns light golden. Then, remove the coconut and set aside.
3. Raise the oven temperature to 350 F. In a large bowl, whip together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then, beat in the egg and vanilla.
4. Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Then, blend into the creamed mixture.
5. Roll the dough into 1 ¼ inch balls, then roll heavily in the toasted coconut.
6. On lightly greased cookie sheets, place the cookies about 2 inches apart. Make an indentation in the center of each with your thumb. Bake for about 14 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool completely. Then, place a Dark Chocolate Egg in each indentation.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Traducido por Mercedes Paloma Lopez Mancillas, de la Oficina Regionál del Suroeste de CRS…07 March 2017
Get 10% off + free shipping* and stay up-to-date with biweekly emails!
(featuring special sales, farmer stories, Fair Trade recipes and much more)