Is there a more perfect couple than chocolate and peanut butter? One of our favorite things to make for Valentine’s Day are these Peanut Butter Heart Cookies, which are incredibly easy to make (and incredibly delicious). Bring them to your next bake sale, potluck or party.
½ c. granulated sugar
½ c. packed brown sugar
½ c. creamy peanut butter
½ c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
¾ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
Extra granulated sugar
2 boxes Equal Exchange Organic Dark Chocolate Hearts, unwrapped (that’s 48 hearts, but the number you use may vary)
1. Heat oven to 375. Using an electric mixer on medium speed or spoon, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder until well blended.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in a bowl of granulated sugar.
3. Place the dough balls on ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and press 1 Dark Chocolate Heart in the center of each cookie.
5. Place cookies on a cooling rack.
6. Share with your Valentine!
Get 10% off + free shipping* and stay up-to-date with biweekly emails!
(featuring special sales, farmer stories, Fair Trade recipes and much more)