Valentine’s Day is a fun time to show love for your community, the environment and the farmers who grow our food. Here are some of our favorite ideas and activities for celebrating the things you love this February.
1. Try out a few chocolate-based recipes to share with friends! Our Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies will warm your taste buds (and your heart). And who doesn’t love a cup of Fair Trade, organic hot cocoa? Get creative and try our Chai-Spiced Hot Cocoa for a unique twist on this seasonal classic.
2. Hold a short and sweet Valentine’s Day Fundraiser with our delicious organic chocolate. Wrap bars in pairs with decorative ribbon or twine, or sell individually wrapped Chocolate Minis. This is a great way to show love for your community!
3. Do something sweet for wildlife by making a pine cone bird feeder. The cold weather in many parts of the country may mean less time spent outdoors, but this is a fun and easy way to connect with the environment during the winter – especially with kids. Here’s how to do it.
4. Celebrate great partnerships with a chocolate and coffee tasting. Check out our guide to chocolate and coffee flavors and try out our recommended pairings. This is particularly fun with a group – host it at your congregation or community group.
5. Get crafty with the kids and make handmade valentine cards out of recycled paper for classmates, family members and friends. Cut out heart shapes and decorate with colored pencils, stickers and glitter. Attach individual chocolate hearts or chocolate minis for added sweetness!
Have other ideas? Tell us in the comments!