Fair trade. Ethically sourced. Organic. Sustainable. You want to do right by the farmers who produce your food. You support caring for our planet. You want to contribute to an independent and transparent food system.
How do you get others to understand the issues and take action towards food justice?
Introduce the idea to your group
You can plan a short presentation using a combination of talking points and videos. If a presentation sounds too formal, just have a conversation with someone who is a decision-maker in your group or send them some of the info below in an email while explaining why fair trade is important to you.
And having some Equal Exchange coffee or chocolate on hand for folks to taste might help them experience how delicious they are while they learn about the mission behind them.
Brush up on your fair trade knowledge
- Read The History of Authentic Fair Trade Comic Book>>
- The Fair Trade Story, 5m video>>
- Fair trade FAQs answered>>
Share the Equal Exchange basics
- “Meet Equal Exchange” 2 minute video>>
- “Why it Matters” talking points about fair trade and Equal Exchange’s worker-owned cooperative model >>
- Wholesale case price list >>
- Presentation on Equal Exchange’s Mission>>
Show the impact on farmers
- Fair trade helps communities, 2m video>>
- Hear from a small-scale coffee farmer, 3m video >>
- Fair trade helps families, 2m video >>
Learn from other fair trade program organizers
- Testimonials from Equal Exchange customers>>
- How to propose a new fair trade program to your group 3m video>>
Why switch your coffee?
- Why switch to fair trade, organic coffee?>>
- Which Equal Exchange coffee is right for you?>>
- Inside Equal Exchange’s Coffee Quality Lab and Roastery>>
Why does fair trade chocolate matter?
Big name chocolate companies like Nestle, Mars and Hershey’s were recently called out in a Washington Post story for unethical sourcing and child slave labor in the chocolate industry. Be sure you’re not supporting injustices you don’t believe in.
Questions not answered here?
Contact us at 774-776-7366.
Buying clubs are a powerful way for people to support authentic fair trade. For the…15 August 2019