Fun Facts & Fair Trade Recipes for Kids
Bring the story of small farmers to life with kid-friendly treats made with fairly traded ingredients. These special snacks can be the starting point for a classroom or kitchen conversation about where some of our favorite foods come from.
Fair Trade Chocolate Chip Cookies
Featuring: Equal Exchange Organic Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
These classic cookies are made even sweeter with chocolate chips that are organic and fairly traded.
Chocolate Chip Facts:
- These chocolate chips are made with cocoa from Peru and sugar from Paraguay.
- Both countries are located in South America.
- Peru has many mountains and rainforests, and Paraguay has many swamps and is mostly flat.
- Both the cocoa and the sugar were grown by groups of farmers who work together and own their own land.
Organic Chocolate Pudding
Featuring: Equal Exchange Organic Baking Cocoa
Add some organic goodness to this easy-to-make treat.
- This chocolate pudding is made with cocoa from the Dominican Republic.
- Cocoa comes from cacao (ka-cow) beans.
- The Dominican Republic is located on an island in the Caribbean.
- The Dominican Republic has many beaches, mountain ranges and fertile plains that are good for farming.
- The group of farmers who grew these cacao beans have their own cocoa processing plant!
The 2021 board of directors for AVACH posing in front of the warehouse in Querecotillo…13 October 2015