0 from 0 votes
Fried Eggs with Coffee-Chipotle Mole
- 1 c. stewed tomatoes drained
- ¾ c. Equal Exchange Organic Coffee strong brewed
- ¼ c. chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chipotle chiles
- 2 Tbsp. Equal Exchange Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Equal Exchange Organic Panama Extra Dark Chocolate finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1 sliced Equal Exchange Avocado check your local food co-op!
Puree the tomatoes, brewed coffee, onion, garlic, chipotle peppers and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a blender until smooth.
Simmer the puree in a heavy skillet and stir occasionally until thickened. Stir in the chocolate and add salt. Remove from heat.
Fry eggs in 2 batches in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, until cooked the way you like them.
Plate the eggs and add sliced avocado. Top with sauce as desired.
Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Epicurious