As our lives become more automated, many are looking for ways to utilize technology to boost fundraising sales, save time, and stay organized. We hear you and are excited to introduce you to our partner, FarmRaiser!
Mark Abbott, Co-Founder and CEO of FarmRaiser, came up with the concept of the FarmRaiser platform after his school-aged children brought home fundraisers selling junk-food products. Mark longed for programs with healthier options, especially for kids, that would still be successful at raising money. His answer is FarmRaiser, a tech company offering a fundraising platform that connects communities with farmers, educates about food sourcing, and offers online organizational tools making fundraising easier for organizers.
It’s no surprise FarmRaiser and Equal Exchange partnered together to offer meaningful fair trade and organic fundraising options for schools and groups. Through FarmRaiser, you can now organize an Equal Exchange fundraising campaign…without catalogs!
The FarmRaiser platform works differently from our classic fundraising catalog program, so it’s important to choose which will best meet your needs and that you participate in only one at a time.
What’s the same when you choose FarmRaiser’s technology to power your Equal Exchange sale?
- You raise money while supporting authentic fair trade with Equal Exchange’s best-selling organic products.
- Sell to your family, friends, coworkers, and neighbors just like always.
- Equal Exchange ships your order to one location for your local product distribution.
- Boost fundraising with free fair trade materials including educational videos, classroom materials and other community resources.
How is it different?
Sales-boosting technology and tools!
- Your group’s fundraiser gets its own shareable website, mobile app (perfect for middle + high schoolers!), and paper brochure + order form. Enjoy tracking sales in real time, instant info on student sales, and simple distribution reports that make passing out products a snap. Plus, keep all your customer info for the next sale and refer back to your past campaigns at any time.
- Door to door can be a great strategy so keep it up! You can record cash or check paying customers’ orders with the FarmRaiser mobile app; it will sync with your website sales instantly! You’ll also be able to download a brochure + paper form if that’s a better choice for your group. Just enter paper sales into the platform before you place your order.
Your contact is FarmRaiser.
- Sign up here to create, organize and finalize your entire Equal Exchange fundraiser on a custom page on their platform. You’ll submit your order through the FR platform when you’re ready. That’s right! You no longer need to fill out a master order form, like you do with our catalog. FarmRaiser handles your invoicing, not Equal Exchange, and provides you with a detailed summary of sales and profits.
Full cases of product
- Products in your final order get rounded up to the nearest wholesale case. (Example: If your supporters purchase a total of four bags of Organic Love Buzz coffee, you’ll be invoiced for and sent a full case of six bags.)
- Extra products are perfect for appreciation gifts and to continue to raise money with face-to-face sales after your campaign closes.
- To raise the most for your group, just offer fewer products in your FarmRaiser campaign. Don’t worry! There are individual items that are not rounded up to a case, such as our gift sets or our chocolate minis, you can include in your fundraiser.
You customize fundraising products and your percentage of profit!
- Product Selection – You pick!
- You choose the products you want to offer in your fundraiser. This is perfect for those who may want to offer only gluten-free, vegan, or kosher products.
- Percentage of Profit – You decide!
- 40%? 50%? FarmRaiser has an awesome tool that lets you set the percentage of profit you want to earn per product.
With you in the driver’s seat, the product selection and pricing you set for your FarmRaiser campaign will be different from our fundraising catalog. Therefore, we request that you run it on its own — not at the same time you’re running a catalog fundraiser. We don’t want anything to get mixed up!
Highlights on the FarmRaiser Platform
Simple Set Up
- Quick start! Sign up here to receive an invitation, create your fundraiser, and get started.
- You can personalize your online profile using your group’s logo and fundraiser description.
- Generate a shareable online market that’s easy for you and participants to text, email and post on social media. You can make your own paper brochures from the platform for your local community.
- A secure paywall lets you accept credit card payments safely, so you’ll have less cash to carry around and count. If you want, you can also accept cash and checks through FarmRaiser’s mobile app or paper forms.
- Track progress in real time! Your online dashboard lets you track all the details throughout your fundraiser.
- Supporters can add an additional donation for your group to their order so you can raise even more money.
- There’s no need to fill out a master order form because FarmRaiser helps you wrap up your campaign then submits your order to us. They handle your billing, not Equal Exchange.
- The FarmRaiser platform generates PDFs of easy-to-read customer receipts – organized by each participant – to simplify your distribution day.
- Your FarmRaiser dashboard stores all you need so you can get a jump start next time by easily outreaching to past customer-supporters.
- Added bonus: If you’re changing roles in your group, simply share your login information with the next organizers, and they’ll have all the information they need– no more passing of the Fundraising Binder!
We are excited to offer you another way to raise money with fairly traded organic products. To get started on FarmRaiser, just fill out this form. Lauren, Mariana or another Cultivator from the FarmRaiser team will help you set up your profile and fundraising campaign. If you have questions, contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571.279.8873.
Equal Exchange’s Customer Service team is always here to help answer questions about our products, our farmer partners and, of course, your order’s shipping details. You can reach us at email@example.com and 774.776.7366. If you’re not sure which program is the best fit for your group, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help with details.
Thank you for partnering with Equal Exchange and supporting small-scale farmer co-ops.
Sandy and the FarmRaiser team!