4 ways to take your holiday sale to the next level
Want to continue to make your holiday sale unforgettable by offering fair trade gifts that make a real difference in farming communities around the world? Here are some bonus ideas that will take your sale up a notch and keep people engaged year after year.
1. Get creative. Decorations and personal touches like ribbon, stickers and fun gift tags make any gift so much more fun. Don’t be afraid to ask for help from others – this is a great way to get more folks involved and let their creativity shine. For your sale table, use a colorful tablecloth and a string of lights to make it festive and eye-catching. Use display racks to help create space and make it easier for customers to browse.
- Display table signs and educational materials to draw people in and generate interest in what you’re offering.
- Assemble bite-sized chocolate minis in gift bags using your favorite stickers, ribbons and bags or start with our Minis Packaging Kits.
- Pre-assemble your own gift baskets with Equal Exchange goodies, topped with a bow with a set price. Perfect for a gift that’s good to go.
2. It’s all about the samples. Everybody loves the chance to try something delicious, and they’ll want to buy once they have a taste! Some of our favorite tried-and-true treats:
- Break chocolate bars into bite-sized sample squares. (Don’t forget tongs!)
- Brew batches of coffee and sample it out in small cups. The aroma alone will draw people to your table and they can “try before they buy”.
- Offer olive oil in a dish with pieces of fresh bread for dipping.
- Bake and serve cookies or brownies using Equal Exchange cocoa or chocolate chips as a “gift with purchase” .
3. Make the distinction. You know that fair trade is important for our global community, and now is a great time to tell your own community why it matters. The mission behind Equal Exchange’s ethically-sourced products will really set your holiday sale apart from gift options at corporate chain stores!
- Check out our variety of educational resources and talking points to help you have inspiring conversations about fair trade.
- Give out an Equal Exchange pamphlet with each item sold so the person can give the gift with info that explains why it’s special.
4. Not sure what products people want to buy? Take orders from our Fundraising Catalog and order exactly what they want while helping your group raise funds for your own causes. Your group gets a 40% profit margin!
Enjoy the spirit of the season, and thank you for bringing the best of small farmers to your community.
About The Author
Church sales, or buying clubs, are a vital part of U…13 November 2014