Hazelnut Coffee Brownies
- 3/4 cup Equal Exchange Organic Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Equal Exchange Hazelnut Creme Coffee strong, boiling
- 2/3 cup butter melted, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3.5- ounce Equal Exchange Organic Chocolate finely chopped
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts toasted and chopped – optional
Combine cocoa and baking soda in a medium bowl. Add coffee and half of melted butter and stir until mixture thickens. Add sugar, remaining melted butter, and eggs. Stir until smooth. Add flour, vanilla, salt. Blend completely. Stir in chopped chocolate and hazelnuts. Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch / 3.5-L baking pan. Bake in preheated oven at 350F / 180C for 35-40 minutes. Yields 24 brownies.
Contributed by Hollye Schwartz, San Antonio, Texas
From "Simply in Season" by Cathleen Hockman-Wert and Mary Beth Lind. Copyright 2005 by Herald Press, Scottdale, PA 15683. Used by permission. For ordering information call 1-800-759-4447.